Giving of gifts to family and friends is a time-honoured tradition. Watts Up cares for family safety so when selecting electrical gifts for children, it is important to keep a few safety-focused tips in mind.
• An adult should supervise the use of any electrical product. Consider both the maturity of the child and the nature of the toy when deciding how much supervision is required.
• Do not buy an electrical toy, or any toy, for a child too young to use it safely. Always check the age recommendation on the package. Remember that this is a minimum age recommendation. The buyer must still take into account an individual child’s capabilities.
• Never give any child under ten years old a toy that must be plugged into an electrical outlet. Instead, choose toys that are battery-operated.
• Read the instructions accompanying the product carefully, and then review them with any child who will be using the product.
• Inspect all electrical toys periodically. Repair, replace, or discard deteriorating toys.
• Don’t allow children to play with electrical toys near water, and make sure they understand that water and electricity don’t mix.
• All electrical toys should be put away immediately after use in a dry storage area out of the reach of younger children.Contact Us