I hear a few slang terms for tradesmen around the sticks.
Electricians are known as “sparkies”, carpenters are “chippies” and brick layers are “brickies”
“Painters”.. Scaffolders are “Scaffs”, Ground-Workers are “Ground-Hogs”, Site-Labourers are “Labradors”.
I have heard the Storeman called “Norman-Boreman, Foreman-Storeman” and the Higher-Ups (developers, bankers and property owners) who occassionally ‘Royal-Visit’ (causing a kerfuffle and three-day-tidy-up beforehand) are ‘The Suits’ – but Painters are just Painters, but I have heard the term “smudge” and I have heard some decorators called stickers.
Over the next few weeks i will be blogging up a few energy saving ideas.
Here are Watts Up’s Energy Saving Tips and Links
- 11 Energy Saving Things to make your Home Cheaper to Run.
- Shop Around. What are the costs of changing supplier?
- Smart meters and Standby mode – Myths and Legends of Power Saving
- The History of Insulation in New Zealand and how do your own house.
- Passive Thermal Systems
- Energy Saving Frequently Asked Questions